Week 9 Announcements
Stoles & Cords: Congratulations to all the graduating seniors who have made it this far! If you are interested in purchasing or renting graduation stoles and cords, please fill out the form below before Wednesday, May 3rd. If you have any questions, please contact JR at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outreach Project Ideas: Interested in contributing project/experiment ideas for the Tijuana orphanage trips or Florence Elementary outreach? Please fill out the following form: here. Refer to event details below if interested in signing up for either Florence or the Tijuana Orphanage Trip on May 21st!
- Outreach Project Ideas: Interested in contributing project/experiment ideas for the Tijuana orphanage trips or Florence Elementary outreach? Please fill out the following form: click. Refer to event details below if interested in signing up for either Florence or the Tijuana Orphanage Trip on May 21st!
- Feedback: As part of our efforts to make this chapter the best we can, we’re looking for feedback from our initiates and members about anything and everything. This includes things you’ve like and disliked about our events, the initiation ceremony, etc. and any suggestions you have for events you wish we held. If you have feedback for us, please contact any of the officer board and we’ll be happy to arrange some time to speak to you! We’re really looking to get as much feedback as possible, so don’t be afraid to reach out, even if it’s just to say you liked an event. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Tutoring: Interested in tutoring your fellow students in STEM fields? The IDEA Learning Center is looking to add 1 on 1 tutors to their services, for classes including but not limited to CHEM 6A-6C, PHYS 2A-2C, MATH 20A-20C, and potentially CSE lower divisions. All tutoring will be in the IDEA study center in EBU1 Basement, and all assignments will be made via THIS Google Form. 1 pt/hr Community Service will be offered for tutoring. If you have any questions, contact Roshan at email@example.com.
- Coffee with an Officer: Most of you have probably heard of Coffee with a Prof, but we’re bringing you Coffee with an Officer! Get to know your officers and what they do over coffee, a meal, a gym session, etc. for 1 social point maximum. Each outing counts as 1 point. If you are with a group of officers, it still only counts as 1 point. You can only get a point once per officer. If you’re already friends with an officer, please focus conversation on TBP and the officer’s roles/responsibilities. Decision to award points is at the president’s judgment.
- Non-TBP Hosted Events: This is a reminder that non-TBP hosted events are still eligible for points so long as they align with our professional/academic or outreach goals. To receive points for non-TBP hosted events, a short write up, half-page to one page, is necessary with a picture of you at the event. The write up should discuss why this event is aligned with TBP goals and what you did/learned. If you are unsure if an event would count, contact any of the officers. Your reports should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
General Atomics Tour
Event Type: Professional
Wednesday, May 24 | 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Event Type: Social
Friday, May 26 | 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM